Rules for Participating in the Zoom-Audit & Review
1. An Invitation email will be sent with a 1 click link that will take the attendee to the "waiting room" of the session and will contain the necessary pass-code.
2. Each provider must sign in on one device. There can be no sharing of one device for multiple providers to participate on.
3. Video must always be on to attend the Zoom-Audit & Review session or no credit will be given.
a. Co-Hosts will be monitoring all providers video to insure engagement.
b. Note: If provider switches apps on their device while participating in the Zoom-Audit & Review, the providers screen will freeze alerting the Co-Host the provider may not be engaged.
c. If the Co-Hosts suspects a provider is not engaged, a private chat will be initiated asking for explanation and the provider must reply. Failure to do so will result in no credit given.
d. Absolutely no driving or riding in vehicles participating or watching a Zoom session. This is strictly prohibited, and anyone caught will be removed for rest of session(s).
4. Providers must engage in any polling or questions in chat
a. Random questions will be asked in general chat that must be answered by all providers. Failure to do so will result in private chat to provider to make sure engagement.
5. Providers who fail to remain engaged will be removed from the Zoom-Audit & Review session, will not be allowed to return for that session, and will not receive any credit no matter how long the provider was "in the room". Chat entry and exit will be noted.
6. A provider who is having technical difficulties should contact a Co-Host for assistance. However, it is important to remember that credit is based on attendance and participation. If a provider is having technical difficulties, efforts will be made to assist the provider, but credit can only be given for actual attendance and participation.
7. Recording or distribution of any portion of a Zoom-Audit & Review session is strictly prohibited. This cannot be overstated. Any provider who engages in such activity will be subject to severe disciplinary action, including exclusion from any future Zoom-Audit & Review session and loss of medical direction.
8. Access must be done in private and cannot be done in public area or WI-Fi. Any violations by any provider that jeopardizes patient confidentiality will be immediately met with termination for Zoom-Audit & Review for all. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Zoom-Audit & Review login, admission process, and chat requirements
1. When logging into Zoom a provider will need a pass-code provided in the email sent prior to the Zoom-Audit and Review session. Once entered the "Waiting Room" a Co-Host will admit you to the room. A verification call may be made prior to ensure you are a SJCEMSC EMS Provider.
2. Providers must have their full name as their meeting ID so Co-Hosts can identify the individual. Only SJCEMSC EMS Providers can attend and be admitted.
3. When the provider is admitted, their microphone is automatically muted (you can unmute to ask questions), and video is required.
4. Since there is no physical roster to sign in with the time and signature, once the provider is admitted they must enter, In the general (Everyone) chat, the time of entry and exit (prior to leaving the session). The chat will be saved as proof for the Indiana DHS should a certification/license audit occur.
5. If provider is removed from 3 times from any Zoom-Audit & Review, they will not be allowed to enter any future Zoom-Audit & Review sessions and will have to attend in-person Audit & Review sessions.